Best of All Time?
Snack: What do YOU say is the best snack of all time? Could it be the whole
peanut, since it's healthy, tasty, and its "packaging" - the nutshell - is
recyclable and organic? Or how about the banana, with the same credentials?
Some would say the chocolate chip cookie is hard to beat. You decide - and bon
After School Treats
notebook (any spiral notebook will do) and a pen or pencil
What gets your vote as the greatest
invention of all time? Circle your choice:
· Wheel, invented about 3500 B.C., by unnamed ancient people in the
· Printing press, 1450, goldsmith Johannes Gutenberg, Germany.
· Engine, 1781, engineer James Watt, Scotland.
· Photography, 1839, printer Joseph Nicéphore Niepce and
painter Louise Daguerre, France.
· Radio, 1901, Guglielmo Marconi, Italy.
· Flight, 1903, Orville and Wilbur Wright, Kitty Hawk, NC, USA.
· Microchip, 1960, Jack Kilby and Robert Noyce, Bell Labs,
Why do you think your choice was the greatest
invention of all?
Name the invention that you would miss the most,
if it didn't exist today, and why.
Which invention do you wish you had invented,
and how would you improve on it today?
Choose one invention, and write how things would
be different in our world if it hadn't been invented.
Now make your own list of great inventions. You
can be silly or serious. Suggestions:
The ice cream cone.
The "mute" button.
Make a list that's as long as you can. Then
choose one, and write a funny story that features that invention.
Notice how these inventors lived all over the world. Can you locate these
regions or countries on a world map?